Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Post 100




For Ryan:

You can't imagine...

-the joy your dad and I shared the day you were born.

-how many nights I lay listening to your soft, tiny breaths.

-how many dreams and wishes I've already hoped and prayed for you.

-how infectious your smile is.

-how many times you have peed on your dad and me.

-the song in my heart because of you.

-how many kisses I've covered your head with.




You can't imagine...

-how much you are loved.

-the growing list of nicknames you have already been referred to as (Little Judgie, peanut, buckaroo, little darlin', muffin, RyRy, Baby Ryan, love bug).

-how much joy you bring your grandparents.

-how many times I've stood just out of your sight and listened to you "talk" yourself to sleep.

-how much I love being a mama.

-how you light up a room.

-how much you have taught me.



You can't imagine...

...how much you mean to me.


Love,
Your thankful and blessed Mama




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was really beautiful! I got teary reading it! Its amazing how motherhood will really transform your life and how you naturally bond with other mothers now huh? Does Ryan really talk himself to sleep? So lucky! Sophia is stuck on nursing to sleep....shes talked herself to sleep a couple times, but thats really not the norm. Has he naturally just always done that? SO special!

Anonymous said...

Ok, meant to leave the name!!