Monday, October 6, 2008

Nana



Ryan's Nana and Grandpa Visit! I have a Nana too!
I love all the unique names families have for grandmas and grandpas.

What names do your families have for grandparents?

5 comments:

Johnsons8 said...

Brooke,
Ryan is a strong boy! Looks like you are having a great time. About the name thing, my parents are Grandma and Grandpa, Mark's are Nanny and Papa. This has been the perfect way to avoid confusion for little grandchildren. They always knew who we were talking about. I have a friend who is a grandmother, she calls herself glamma. (She is really beautiful) I Love it! I wonder who I will be... someday!
Sue

Sara T. said...

In Swahili the words for Grandma and Grandpa are Bibi and Babu. My parents decided they also want to be called Bibi and Babu because they figure Esther will say it sooner than Grandma and Grandpa. In Tanzania everyone of that generation is called Bibi and Babu. It makes things simple.

Heather said...

My mom goes by Nana too. Chad's parents are Oma and Opa, which is confusing for me because that's what we call Hans' parents. So then do you call them Great-Oma and Great-Opa for Aidan? I don't know! I guess I'll let him name them when he can talk. : ) My Dad goes by anything, but mostly I call him Papa Simon because that's what my nephews call him.

Anonymous said...

What's amazing is when Ryan starts to talk or chatter he will make his own names up for his Grandparents. Its amazing what they can come up with.

The Judge Family said...

Very true! I think that;s what my parents want to do -- wait and see what he comes up with. Will be fun!