Rob and I took an amazing class with Tacoma childbirth educator, doula, and photographer Patti Ramos where we met some wonderful parents-to-be. The class was quite intense and there was a lot of personal sharing amongst us. Thanks to one member of our group, Tara, we have formed an online group where we can stay in touch, chat about pregnancy, and post photos and news. We even have a reunion set up to meet again with our babies in the fall. Our due dates are fast approaching and it has been exciting to hear news of births from others in our group.It is with great sadness that I share news from a family that was in our birth class... Tara and Kevin Balcom. They met their little one, Kristen, on Friday afternoon and said goodbye to her on Monday morning. Much to their surprise, she was born with a hole in her heart and a chromosomal disorder which is usually not compatible with life (Trisomy 18). She was very fragile but they were able to cherish every minute they had together.
I cannot fathom the loss they are going through, but I can grieve with them and pray for them. I ask for your prayers as well - for this beautiful family. http://thebalcomblog.blogspot.com/
2 comments:
Thank you Brooke and Rob for your words and prayers, it means so much to us! I have missed checking your blog over the last week or so with all the commotion, I used to check almost 1-2 times a day waiting for news of Baby Judge!! But I have loved staying somewhat in touch via your blog and look forward to following your adventures of childbirth and parenthood as they are getting closer....although I know it doesn't feel like it at this point, I'm sure!! Hang in there and just take the next days one at a time knowing he'll be here sooner or later! :)
Love, Tara
Tara,
Your grace and strength are incredible. I will be sure to keep you posted. Sending you much love!
-Brooke
Post a Comment