
The countdown continues…and in fetal developments: most of the bones (soft skull aside) in his little body are now completely hardened. He is structurally ready for a secure launch. In physical fitness news: his muscle tone has also improved over these past few weeks, and you’ll definitely be impressed by his steel-like Ulnar grasp (a newborn reflex that occurs if you lay your finger in their palm).
Our Midwife, Dawn, thinks he is currently about 6.5 lbs and 19-20 inches. We'll see how much bigger he gets in the coming weeks! She came for a home visit/appointment yesterday so she would know where we live for the "big day!" All is still going well with my health (blood pressure, his position, and any other signs that may require a hospital birth). So far, so good!
This week I'm working a short week as family from California is visiting. We all spend a week at the "cabin" on Hood Canal together. It's especially fun because my cousins all have little ones now: Lacey, 5, Jake, 3.5, and Cole, 2.5. And I promise to add to the fun and chaos next summer with little boy Judgie! There are some "big ones" whom I adore too - my Aunt Glenys, Uncle Jim (my dad's brother), cousins Tifani and Xanne, their spouses Todd and John, and of course, the so sweet Brandon (Tifani's 16-year-old son).
I'll post photos later this weekend. But we're enjoying great weather, company, food, and fun times. Missing Rob...but looking forward to him joining us on Friday.
1 comment:
Hey Brooke! Wow, not much longer!!! I'm going to be up in Tacoma this week... are you back from the cabin? Maybe I can drop off the newborn clothes? I can't believe Aidan's outgrown things already. It goes so fast, as they always say!
Post a Comment