Not much is new in the baby development department...a quick recap: all internal organ systems are pretty much ready for the outside world, he has a meconium stockpile building up (his first baby poo), lots of healthy baby fat, a rapidly developing brain, and has more or less reached official baby status.
Although I wish he would come any time now, I am trying to savor these last days with him so close to me.
Although I wish he would come any time now, I am trying to savor these last days with him so close to me.
These Last Few Hours
written by: Dede McCall
It is important to me that I spend a part of the next few hours
here alone with you in the darkness.
You and I will never be this close again.
By morning you will be a tiny person, all on your own.
No longer the kicking, demanding, bulge in my body
that I have grown to love so well.
I pray God will safely guide you on your journey
and I ask Him for the strength to help you all I can.
Again you signal your impatience to be free.
Time to wake your Daddy.
Rob and I are getting so excited and a little nervous. We look around our house and see a car seat, strollers, baby clothes and hangers at every turn (and included in every load of laundry as the outfits never seem to stop coming - thank you everyone!), diaper bags, blankies, and of course his crib and other bedroom furniture. We are ready for him with all the necessary gear - and our hearts are ready too. The anticipation and excitement is with us daily as we wonder when his time will come. When will he be ready? When will we really become parents and hold this little loved one, our son, in our arms?
We're both struggling a bit with getting a full night's sleep these days...guess it's training for what's to come. I am up a few times a night with an achy back, trips to the bathroom, adjusting my five pillows, or waking myself up because I am snoring like a bear these days! Poor Rob! He is so patient with me and knows I need my rest, but he tells me I am rattling him out of bed some nights and he has to move to the sofa. In addition, he is dealing with some neck and shoulder pain that keeps him up. We're hoping to get to the bottom of that soon though as he has an MRI tomorrow and sees his doctor again on Friday.
Aside from some back pain and fatigue, all is going really well. We will update things again soon and hope that everyone is doing great.
We're both struggling a bit with getting a full night's sleep these days...guess it's training for what's to come. I am up a few times a night with an achy back, trips to the bathroom, adjusting my five pillows, or waking myself up because I am snoring like a bear these days! Poor Rob! He is so patient with me and knows I need my rest, but he tells me I am rattling him out of bed some nights and he has to move to the sofa. In addition, he is dealing with some neck and shoulder pain that keeps him up. We're hoping to get to the bottom of that soon though as he has an MRI tomorrow and sees his doctor again on Friday.
Aside from some back pain and fatigue, all is going really well. We will update things again soon and hope that everyone is doing great.
1 comment:
You and Rob are so ready for baby boy Judge... and so thoughtful. I think I didn't really have those last few weeks to see everything in his room set-up and just "wait," you know? I'm so glad he hasn't come yet and you have this time to think, relax, and prepare. And sleep!! Yes, it will be the last time you sleep in for awhile! I would love to come by this weekend and drop off more clothes, if you really need them!! Let me know what time/day works and Aidan and I will drop by!
Post a Comment