Wow have we been keeping busy! Last week my parents were on a much needed vacation in Hawaii and Rob and I got inspired to surprise them while they were gone. We may be bit off a little bigger project than we initially thought it would be...but we got 90% of it done and it looks great! What project you say? We remodeled a bathroom in their house and had new flooring laid in a couple of adjacent rooms as well. The bathroom was a project my dad had started about a year ago and never finished. Instead he has spent countless hours helping us at our house - on our projects - and putting his own aside. Both of my parents are so generous that way (thank you mom and dad). His birthday was last weekend and Father's Day is this weekend, so we made it a "combo" gift and surprised him upon their return home!
Not that you asked, but I spend several nights over there, working after Ryan had successfully gone to bed in a pack & play in my mom's office (yay for knowing THAT works!). And I can honestly say, I may never put up wallpaper EVER after peeling and cleaning that tiny bathroom's walls for two days...
Anyway, Ashlyn just turned 9 weeks and is cooing and laughing. It's so sweet! And Ryan is topping out at 32 pounds, is three months from turning two, loves to be outside, is starting to recite lines from his books like he's reading, likes to sit on the potty when he can remember to tell us he needs to, just finished his second session of swimming lessons, and loves his little sister.
And my heading said "I survived!" -- and I did. This week was my first week back to work! I have been very busy getting my feet back under me but will spend some time soon posting new photos - I know seeing photos MUCH more fun than reading all of this!
Much love,
Brooke
No comments:
Post a Comment