Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Weeks 25-28...how big is baby Judge?

He is now the size of an EGGPLANT!


We've reached week 25 (6 months, 1 week) and we're all doing great! Just trucking along and Baby Judge (and mom) are getting bigger! The names this week are Troy, Ryan, and Kevin. So far this little guy has had the following names considered for him: Troy, Luke, Owen, Dominic, Austin, Logan, Ethan, Trevor, Kevin, and Ryan. We shall see...if we can get down to a final few I'll put up a poll and have you cast your vote!


Here is what Baby Judge is up to: Rumor is you can put an ear to my belly -- and you might be able to pick up Baby Judge's heartbeat (no stethoscope required). Inside the womb (which is now the size of a soccer ball!), the formation of tiny capillaries are giving him a healthy pink glow. He is also soaking up my antibodies, getting his immune system ready for life outside the womb.

His eyes are forming, and he will soon perfect the blink -- perfect for batting those freshly grown lashes. And if you shine a light on my abdomen, he may turn his head, which according to researchers, means his optic nerve is working. He makes breathing movements but has no air in his lungs yet. He is also scootching slowly out of the breech position and starting to rotate (already!) into a head down position. Time is short (or really long, depending on who you ask)—just (still!) 15 weeks left. We can't wait to meet him!

2 comments:

Bob Judge said...

Of course I have my own favorite name, since I am bias..... But I also have a suggestion: Whatever name is selected by a polling will never substitute for the name that only you two agree on..... Keep having fun with everyone's name selection, but only you make the final choice....

The Judge Family said...

I can imagine what that name would be! I've asked and asked about another Robert Judge...but haven't had much enthusiasm from my better half! But together - we will of course make the final choice regardless of the poll or outside feedback. Let's just hope we find something that clicks for us soon! Much love, Brooke